NEGOTIATION IN SPECIFIC CONTEXTS
GRADO EN GESTIÓN DE PEQUEÑAS Y MEDIANAS EMPRESAS (G. E.)
1. Datos de la asignatura(Fecha última modificación: 18-04-23 17:06)
- Segundo Semestre
- ORGANIZACIÓN DE EMPRESAS
- Administración y Economía de la Empresa
- Plataforma Virtual
Datos del profesorado
- Jorge Matías Pereda
- Fac. Economía y Empresa
- Administración y Economía de la Empresa
- Organización de Empresas
- Horario de tutorías
- Thursdays and Fridays from 18 to 21
- URL Web
2. Sentido de la materia en el plan de estudios
Bloque formativo al que pertenece la materia.
Papel de la asignatura.
Negotiation in specific contexts is a basic activity of the firm..
3. Recomendaciones previas
4. Objetivo de la asignatura
The main objective of this course is to train the student in the basic concepts on Negotiation in Specific Contexts.
Specifically, the student will know the basic concepts, theoretical foundations, main practices, skills and design instruments and will be able to replicate negotiation processes in different business contexts, including the international one.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF CONTENTS
UNIT 1. INTRODUCTION TO NEGOTIATION AND CONFLICT MANAGEMENT
UNIT 2. DEFINITION, CHARACTERISTICS AND TYPES OF CONFLICT AND NEGOTIATION
UNIT 3. THE NEGOTIATING PHASES
UNIT 4. THE NEGOTIATING PROCESS
UNIT 5. INTERNATIONAL NEGOTIATION
UNIT 6. A METHOD FOR NEGOTIATING AND MANAGE CONFLICTS
UNIT 7. PSYCHOLOGY OF THE NEGOTIATING PERSON
UNIT 8. NEGOTIATING STRATEGIES AND TACTICS.
UNIT 9. NEGOTIATING CONTEXTS
6. Competencias a adquirir
Básicas / Generales.
The specific and transversal skills that will be developed in this course help the student to acquire those established in the Business Administration Module. The list is included in the Verified Program of the bachelor's degree in business administration and Management. Specifically, the following skills are developed:
BASIC AND GENERAL SKILLS:
CB1. Students must show that they have acquired and understand the knowledge in the field of study that builds on general secondary education and is at a level that, while being based on advanced textbooks, also includes some aspects that come from the forefront of its field of study.
CB2. Students must know how to apply their knowledge to their job or career in a professional way and they must own the skills that are exhibited by developing and defending arguments and by solving problems within their field of study.
CB3. Students must be able to collect and interpret relevant data (usually within their field of study) to express an opinion that is based on careful thoughts about relevant topics from a social, scientific or ethic perspective.
CB4. Students must be able to convey information, ideas, problems and solutions to specialists and non-specialists.
CB5. Students must develop the learning skills that are required to undertake further studies with a high degree of independence.
CSNSC1: Student must know the basic concepts of negotiation.
CSNSC2: Students must know different negotiation instruments and techniques.
CSNSC3. Students must know how to negotiate in various specific business contexts, including the multicultural one.
- Theoretical / lecture / lecture sessions, necessary for the presentation of the theoretical content and basic foundations of the subject.
- Practical sessions, necessary to apply the acquired theoretical knowledge to business reality. They will be developed in the classroom, in the form of:
• Discussion and resolution of practical questions.
• Sharing of practical cases.
• Debates on applied reading and economic press news.
• Reflection on practical aspects through videos.
• Presentation and defense of papers and exercises.
• Putting into direct action through group dynamics.
- Tutoring sessions, face-to-face and online, necessary to carry out a more personalized follow-up of the student and guide her/him.
- Student work linked to the theoretical, practical and tutoring sessions, of a non-face-to-face nature. It will develop in the form of:
• Reading of documents.
• Search and reading of complementary documentation.
• Carrying out individual and group work.
• Resolution of practical cases.
8. Previsión de Técnicas (Estrategias) Docentes
The subject follows a continuous assessment system where the most important assessment of the student takes place in the activities carried out throughout the semester. Continuous assessment accounts for 40% of the grade.
There will be a test / exam at the end of the course of a global nature that will account for 60% of the total grade. It will be necessary to achieve 50% in the continuous evaluation to be able to take the final test / exam.
Criterios de evaluación.
Active participation in class, in the discussion and resolution of practical questions, in the sharing of practical cases, in the analysis and resolution of quantitative problems, in the debates on applied reading and economic press news, in the reflection on the projected videos, in the seminars for the application of contents, in the presentation and defense of works and exercises, and in the direct action carried out in group dynamics and in the objective final test.
Instrumentos de evaluación.
The continuous assessment will consist of:
• Classroom discussions
Recomendaciones para la evaluación.
Carry out continuous work, participating in all scheduled theoretical and practical activities, through daily work by the student.